Policies and Accreditations
Please visit our academic policies in our academic catalog.
All other policies can be found on the policies page.
Public Record Requests
Public record requests should be sent to John Keenan, general counsel and vice president for administration, at firstname.lastname@example.org. John Keenan is also the designated records access officer (RAO) for Salem State University.
As part of its mission, Salem State University maintains a system of institutional evaluation to ensure academic excellence through accreditation and program reviews.
Salem State University is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc. (NEASC), a non-governmental, nationally recognized organization whose affiliated institutions include elementary schools through collegiate institutions offering post-graduate instruction. Inquiries regarding the status of an institution's accreditation by NEASC should be directed to the administrative staff of the school or college. Salem State's most recent NEASC self-study was completed in 2011 and an interim report was completed in 2016. Recent NEASC reports are available. Copies and further information may be obtain through the university's records access officer or individuals may also contact NEASC:
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
209 Burlington Rd.
Bedford, MA 01730-1433
Education Unit Accreditation
The Education Unit at Salem State University is accredited by:
National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
2010 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Suite 500
Washington, D.C. 20036
Salem State University is also accredited by:
- Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education
- American Chemical Society
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Computing Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology
- Council on Social Work Education
- Joint Review Committee on Educational Programs in Nuclear Medicine Technology
- National Association of Schools of Art and Design
- National Association of Schools of Music
- National Association of Schools of Theatre
- National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education
- UN World Tourism Association (certification)
For more accreditation information, contact academic affairs at 978.542.6240