Established in 1993, the graduate Geo-Information Science program at Salem State University in Salem, Massachusetts (12 miles north of Boston!) is one of the oldest and most respected GIS programs in New England. We are a leader in professional geospatial education. Graduates of our program employ their geospatial expertise in government, business, and non-profit institutions throughout the region and the country, in areas ranging from natural resource management and environmental protection to urban planning to business location intelligence.
The graduate geo-Information science program offers a two-year master of science in geo-information science. An integrated and applied curriculum provides practical, real-world training in the utilization of leading geospatial technologies for research, planning, spatial data management, and project implementation.
Why pursue a graduate geo-information science degree at Salem State?
- Hands-on training in leading GIS and remote sensing software packages and scripting languages
- Evening courses, designed for working professionals
- Graduate assistantships and financial aid available
- Graduate certificate in GIS is also available (credits earned applied toward the GIS master's degree)
- Continuously rolling admission
Stop by the Salem State University Department of Geography table at the AAG Annual Conference to speak to a representative and learn more about our programs.
Need more flexibility?
We also offer a 15-credit Graduate Certificate in GIS.
For more information about the certificate, contact Marcos Luna.