Students who previously attended Salem State University as a degree seeking candidate, regardless of attending another institution subsequently, are considered a readmit.
Update: All fully completed readmit application received after Wednesday, August 30th, 2017 cannot be guaranteed equal consideration for readmission for the Fall 2017 academic term, but will be considered for readmission for the spring 2018 academic term.
1. Please allow 1-2 weeks for processing of your readmit application, however applications that were submitted with incomplete documents may take longer. Applicants will be notified by traditional mail of formal readmission decisions. If applications are incomplete, individuals will be notified via the email account listed on their application with regard to their readmit status.
2. If you include a personal statement with your application, please ensure that your statement is typed, not handwritten.
3. If you voluntarily withdrew from Salem State University as an evening student, you must be reactivated as an evening student. If this applies to you, please call our office at 978.542.7049 for directions on returning.
4. All students who are readmitted will be responsible for completing the most current curriculum requirements, based upon the major(s) and minor(s) that they were under at the time of departure from Salem State University.
5. If you are looking to get your second degree from Salem State, please go to the admissions page, apply online as a transfer, and use Salem State University as your other institution.
6. If you have been away from Salem State University for two years or more, and experienced academic difficulty (negative academic standing), you may be a candidate for the Fresh Start program. Students considering our Fresh Start program are highly encouraged to meet with an academic advisor prior to submitting an application.
If you have any questions regarding the readmit process, or need further assistance, please contact the advising office at 978.542.7049.