First-Year International Applicants
A first-year student is someone who has never been enrolled in any college or university, international or domestic.
The information you need to apply
An official high school/secondary school record, leaving certificate and/or graduation examination results or their notarized copies which must be in English or professionally translated. The translation must include a list of courses completed and the grades received.
Transcripts can be sent to:
Salem State University
PO Box 315
Randolph, MA 02368
Proof of English proficiency may be met by one of the following:
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL); minimum scores: 500 (written) or 61 (Internet-based)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) passing score of 5.5
- Students from English speaking countries, whose first language is English, are exempt from the TOEFL and/or IELTS
- If you completed high school/secondary school in English you may be exempt from the TOEFL and/or IELTS
- If you have an SAT Critical Reading score of 450 or higher you will be exempt from the TOEFL and/or IELTS
- If you have successfully completed (grade of B or better) in English Writing I or II course at an accredited college in the United States